Monday, December 22, 2008

Luxury Problems

I feel a little silly writing about decluttering, getting rid of anything non-essential, the desire to fit all my belonging in a couple of trunks, choosing to live off the grid when so many on this planet do not have the choice - but that's the way it is . . . I am not apologizing, just stating it's kind of kooky. But here I am, a year later, still getting rid of stuff - now it's the stuff with more sentimentality attached: the cashmere coat given to me by my daughter's father - thank god she can appreciate the great stuff I am giving here (unless it turns into a burden), the design books I love to look at every once in awhile, the beautiful shoes - ouch, those might be the last to go. When I did my last go round of jewelry and scarves I took photos - of course have not looked at pictures since that time. Current criteria: if not used in the past six months, time to pass on - probably Goodwill or Salvation Army. I like the idea of renting clothes - wear one outfit for months and pass it on - will start asking friends to see if anyone in on yet another one of my ideas.

No comments: